Thursday 23 January 2014

Hey there, how ya doing?

I'm Cozy. And well, as sad as it is for me to say this, I'm gonna need to go on a short, short hiatus for this story. Again.

Well, the avid readers probably know that I am a student, and I'm in my third year right now. This is the time for exams, for projects, for gearing up and making that last push for my CGPA. As such, I'd like to devote my time towards my studies for the time being.

My exams officially end on March 7th, and that's the time when I can freely type my stories, being free from stress, from the festivities, from many, many things. I understand how horribly bad it is to leave the story hanging at one of its peak moments, where Katachi's raging mad and getting ready to kick the shit out of Wang Gu, but please understand.

Well, Chinese New Year's around the corner, and the projects don't get any easier. I'm heading down to the MOE Building to grab a reprint of my O-level certificate! Hahaha. Time sure flies. I'm going to the building of moe. I'll see animu girls floating and spinning about and serving me Miltank milk while wearing a maid outfit or something. REVERSE MAID SCENARIO- Just kidding, by the way, don't take it seriously. Ha.

... I worry for it. The future of this story, my future, what career plans I intend on having... I don't know. There are many uncertainties before my eyes, and the only things that are definite are the feet I'm going to walk with. Every step I take is corporeal and solid, and it leaves a mark, an impression. It causes me to fret more since my mistakes will also be engraved, but at least I can trust my feet to step forth.

Unlike Korean manhwa or Japanese manga or Oriental/Western cartoons, I can't simply earn a living by writing. At least, not with my second-rate work. I do want WoP Quest to be serialized by somebody out there, but right now there's a lot of flaws with the story. For starters, every chapter of this story is a second draft, that is, a rough idea, an unpolished sketch given form from the messy, bullet-point-shaped first draft. I intend on rewriting my older, previous chapters- Scratch that, I intend on rewriting EVERY chapter to make them even better than they currently are. I see many areas for improvement.

For another thing, if you haven't noticed yet - WoP Quest's plot and storyline is sort of... Flimsy. I haven't had the time to properly sit down and collate every single idea into a humongous timeline, of what exactly happens in each route and all. I'm just shooting blind and getting off with progressive updates every week, from my vague memory of the chapters and from re-reading at most 5 chapters ahead of the previous ones. As such, I tend to forget important parts and plot lines of the story, and since none of my ideas have been penned down solidly... Yeah. Not that good.

I do have a lot of ideas down, though. I've already completed the plot of Messiah and Herald. So, let me pen it down now, and if you wish to read it, by all means - It's quite predictable.

In Messiah, Katachi encounters the dastard Wang Gu who uses his Word of Power to manipulate women into co-operating with him, and the women, under a trance, are forced into prostitution, as a source of income. (That explains why there are officials stopping by a small village like this.) Katachi rescuing Roberia and killing Wang Gu increases the tension between Anik and Findel, since that starved the depraved and corrupt officials of one of their biggest sources of entertainment and relaxation - Fucking women of different nationalities to exude their superiority over the opposing countries. (In the other routes, a Word of Power hunter, Ned, shuts this ring down instead because Katachi and Roberia didn't marry and enter the village in those routes.) Of course, Katachi killing Wang Gu itself is a grave act, a sin he swore never to commit, repeated. You'll... You'll find out soon enough.

In Herald, Katachi and Roberia... Are not lovers. They are enemies in Herald. Where he had chosen option B in Messiah, he chose option A in Herald, convinced that she ought to return home to be with her parents, and had Roberia march back to her country, in shame and defeat. But he will soon regret that decision, because of her regal status, and will need her help because Hraxiif could use Rugnud's power to its own benefit, being at the core of the continent and having the highest accessibility and all. But Roberia resents him for defeating her, and when they meet again, it won't be a friendly greeting. Clashes of steel, wood, and blood will happen, and when you actually see it... Hohoho. You'd be glad I got Messiah out of the way first, because Herald is a really, really dark story that you ought to be mentally prepared for.

In any case, sorry for there being no chapter this week. I'll make up for it next chapter. It's going to be a really intense scene, I promise it.

With love,

Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment