Saturday 30 November 2013

Been busy with a little something

Hello, and welcome back, my lovely readers. Cozy here!

Well, for this post, uhm. I understand that the story is still going at a rather slow pace despite the increased amount of time I have to type it. Well, I have been busy. With the story.

My main priority is to reach Messiah 20 before my school ends and I enlist for National Service. Well, that's compulsory so there is nothing I can do about it. If, and if, I say, if they let me bring my smartphone into the camp, maybe I can continue the story from there. The story will take longer at that rate, though.

It is relatively harder to type on the phone than it is to type on a solid keyboard with a big screen and an easy to control mouse. Now I sort of regret that I didn't start the story early enough, but I've already promised myself to take my time writing this. It may feel a bit long and draggy, but I hope I do my best to write it.

Not all adventures have the characters dive headfirst into action, though that is an exciting take for the story. If it were, I may as well call this Action, not Fantasy. I may as well write about that other story idea I had, regarding the Six Paths of the Desire Realm selecting a candidate from a dystopia to resolve a crisis. That one would be pure action as a main driving force of the plot with other themes like romance and comedy and other themes taking a backseat, and an exhilarating read if I may, but I won't feel as satisfied as I would be writing Words of Power Quest.

I really am excited for Words of Power Quest. So excited, that I think I'm insane. XD


Look at this marvel. This, is an aluminium rod. What makes this aluminium rod so special, you may ask?


This would be me filing the aluminium rod down to shape.


Three hours of progress got me this far. The entire thing is hand-made, and I literally spent hours holding a file, and filing the rod down to shape.


Another 6 hours to do the remainder of both sides. It was easier on the second side because I picked up a good method to file it down by hand. The tricky part isn't the filing, though - It's angling one side such that the blade portion thins out from the base. That really makes it feel like a stiletto dagger for piercing, and I get that good vibe when I run my thumb from the base to the tip, how it thins out like this really is a dagger.

I am really afraid, though. XD Although this is a prop, and though it is made of aluminium (Meaning it's not a real weapon), I could potentially get arrested for defying the arms manufacturing law, since I have no permit to make a weapon. It's not a weapon, though. It really isn't - It's a prop. The blade part bends, and I softened the tip such that it only looks shiny. Shine bright like Rihanna's forehead~ XD

I made this dagger prop to get a better feel for how Katachi would attack and act during the action scenes. Though Katachi's dagger is wooden and his sword is steel (SPOILERS FOR HERALD WHOOPS), I have a dagger made of metal (aluminium to be precise) and a sword made of wood. Ha. Hahah. What a reversal.

The materiel affects the weapon's weight, inertia, swing speed and stuff, so I strapped a few weights throughout the wooden sword's hilt and blade to make it feel heavier. The dagger's fine, though - Lightweight wood weighs about the same as aluminium, but the uh, the durability of the wooden dagger is much higher than this aluminium bendy stick with me, so I have to exercise caution and practice their attack patterns in a spacious area where I can roll, slide, leap, kick against, and so on. (I'm not that athletic, though, so feats like backflips and cartwheels and those kinds of stuff... Nah. Can't do it. I can only imagine those.)

In any case, this is a small update on what I have been up to. Another good session of filing and the dagger prop should be ready for use. I'll make the action scenes that much more fluid and beautiful with this giving me a good sensual aid, hopefully.

Signing out! Peace!

Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment