Sunday 14 April 2013

My deepest apologies.

It has come to my attention that this little story of mine is gaining in popularity much faster than I would have believed it to.

I was suffering from a fever on Saturday, and I only managed to recover from this fever just a few hours ago.

During this period of two days, there were 46 views on my little story - A number not to be belittled, because that's the highest number I've ever had. I couldn't even get to 30 - 40 views a week, and suddenly, in two days, I feel like I've disappointed 46 of you readers.

For that, I am truly, sincerely sorry for not posting a new chapter - I was sick, and in no condition to write the story.

I would also like to take this time to apologize in advance - Today, marks the beginning of the last week of my holiday. On April 22nd, I would have to return to school, and focus on a big project with my friends. Some would call this a Major Project. Others would claim it to be a Final Year Project.

This project is going to be big and influential to my future, and if I can successfully score well on this, I can be free to write this story without further worries - If I can maintain my Cumulative Grade Point Average, I would feel more secure to write this story as a hobby since there would be lesser issues on my future.

As such, I would have to sadly say this - WoP Quest is going to take me longer to finish writing completely. It's probably going to change from a weekly to a fortnightly upload, while the content isn't as bountiful as the previous chapters.

I've roughly planned out what to write and all already, but the problem is that even if I were to do it on a weekly basis, it would probably take me around 9 years to finish the entirety of this story. And, that's just one story - I have other stories that I wish to write after WoP Quest, like Tickers, DAN-4K41, Rhaad's Journey : Metronomica, and eventually, Sentinel. Most of these stories will take a long time as well - I'm leaving Sentinel for last, because writing that will most certainly take 20 - 25 years, which should serve enough to entertain me in my old age.

I am sorry for the lack of a new chapter that disappointed 46 viewers, and I am sorry for the noticeable reduction in the number of chapters to come.

Finally, I would like to thank you all for bearing with me thus far - I hope my story is not too confusing. I understand that there are a lot of things in the story that aren't very clear, but I've implemented a method to counteract that.

So, as a thank-you-to-you-all gift, here's an interesting trivia you might have never guessed.

WoP Quest was originally a story that I thought up of to encourage myself to learn more Chinese. Being born in Singapore, the country expects us to speak in English, as its national language. More often than not, I have seen many, many fellow students around me fail in both the national language, and their own mother tongue. As such, they use English to complement what they cannot speak in Chinese or Malay, and they use their mother tongue and dialects to convey what they cannot in English. This marble mixture of language transforms pure, separate languages into a monstrosity they call Singlish.

I grew tired of their incompetence over not being able to speak at least one language in purity, so I did my best to master English first. My English is not quite at the British official standard, but it is good enough right now. Thus, this little story was begun, to help my Chinese catch up on the years it had lost on me focusing on English.

I hope you continue enjoying WoP Quest and what it has to offer.

Warmest, feathery regards
Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment