Saturday 23 March 2013

Routes

Words of Power Quest, is a story I've written, its inspiration is gathered from the things I've met, encountered, experienced, etc.

And recently, I know it's embarrassing to say this - But I only started reading Fate/Stay Night recently. I mean, I've watched the anime, but comparing it to the visual novel itself, the anime just lacks a lot. It's simplified and all, but the joy of visual novels is to look at the background while reading and listening, and imagining the scene out yourself in a definition and quality way higher than the 24fps allowed for normal anime.

Also, the anime only covered Fate/Stay Night, and it had a film on Unlimited Blade Works too. But it's missing Cup of Heaven, or Heaven's Feel for those hardcore English fans. And I find the whole concept of these alternate routes available... interesting.

Originally, choosing the 'bad' option unlocks a 'bad end' scene, but once you play through the game once, this 'bad end' scene is replaced with a new story route. And progressively, finishing this new route unlocks another new route. Systematically, this sounds logical, because the characters' actions affect the world, affect the interactions and relationships between the characters, and the way the story unfolds changes because of these factors.

I really like that concept - That's probably why visual novels are third in my list, compared to light novels and films. And, I see great potential for this in WoP. That's right - WoP Quest is also going to have different routes! :D

It's going to have 3 different routes. The first route is the 'good route', the second route is the 'bad route', and the final route is the 'true route'. Now, here's a big problem - If I am going to implement all three routes, then... Won't that mean this would be a big-scale, 10-year blog project?

... Yes. It would. But I'm not about to let it stretch on for 10 long years.

I have plans for countering that problem, and I plan to sit down and discuss this problem with my friends, to assess the most efficient and effective method of countering this.

My first plan for it, is to have double-route content when I reach that point - As in, posting two chapters, one of each route, repeatedly. So I'll be doing the good route and the bad route at the same time.

The problem is, reading these together spoils the feels of the novel itself. You have to constantly alternate your brain around each route's story and progress, and it might be easy to mix up. But it's still my ideal. Or, alternately, you can choose to read one route first, and slowly enjoy it all, before taking your time to read the second route. That would work, but it's going to be arduous waiting. Also, I think I'll die an early death via excessive stress, having to post the content of two separate routes weekly like so, having to sit down and think about how each route is progressing, etc.

The second idea is to go with the old plan - Dedicate on one route and finish it before starting the next. It will either drag as long as 10 years, or it will be slightly shorter. Might post double or even triple chapters once in a while.

... Nahdah. Those are my only ideas so far. I have a long way to go, because I'm just a budding writer. At least, I think I am.

So, yeah. A little APUDAET on what I'm been doing. How's you people spending the day?

... Yeah. This update seems unnecessary, because it's barely about the story at all. So, let me make it more related to the story.

In Fate/Stay Night, the separate routes each have their own name that correlates to the outcome of that route. Fate/Stay Night featured the classic Shirou = Victorious, UBW featured Shirou's ide-... Uh, I won't spoil it, but ANYWAY, each route has their own name and such, so I'll share the names of all the routes.

The good route's name is Messiah. I know, I know. It sounds crappy and cheesy, like it has been overused. Well, it has. But it describes the route the best way possible. You can think about how and what kind of future creates this route. When the time comes, of course.

The bad route's name is Herald. Ooo, it's a name we don't hear as often nowadays. This term, is often confused with "Herald-at-arms". Yes, Herald is a bad route. No, it does not necessarily mean war. This route features things not in Messiah.

The true route is Endus Reignum. To be honest, I had asked my friends to decide whether it should be Endetiden, or Endus Reignum. They went with this, so let's just go along with it. Apparently it sounds more majestic than some Norwegian term for "End of time".

Here's the final clue - All the routes has something to do with the deuteragonist starred in Chapter 13.5 : Omen_To_Leave.

With that, I bid farewell, and until we meet again, next week! Thanks for those whom have supported this series thus far!

Many thanks,
Cozy and Tee Dubya / CozyTW / Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment