Friday 31 October 2014

Update : Halloween Is A Tragic Event For Me

Cozy :

... Sigh.

I... I have nothing to say.

I want to write this story. In fact, right now I'm in the middle of writing both Deku Up! 6, and Messiah 26, where Katachi gets arrested.

But, well...

... Let's talk a little.

*** ***

My enlistment date is confirmed.

It's on November 27th. Joy!... ? Is it something to be happy about?

I don't know. My family and friends tell me to go there and accept the training, treating it as some sort of government-funded slimming program. Hopefully, I can shave off enough of my fat to look skinnier and more muscular.

Kind of hard, considering the fact that I already have a beer belly.

That's right - Cozy has a beer belly. Even though I don't really drink beer.

It happened because I was eating foods late in the night and sleeping immediately, thus causing the contents to retain in my stomach. As a result, the improper sleeping position and lack of proper digestion caused my stomach to bloat.

Please eat regular meals, so you may avoid an embarrassing and irreversible fate like my own. Even if I do slim down, my stomach will bloat naturally, no matter how many sit-ups or crunches I do.

I don't support the notion of war, but I guess I don't mind the free slimming. My only request in the army is that I learn/pick up something that I don't need to prepare ahead of time. Making camouflage, setting barracks, those require tools of sorts that need to be prepared beforehand which I don't like consenting to.

Something that's not troublesome, something that can be committed to memory would be nice. Like, first aid skills, or something would be ideal. Well, I say 'ideal', but like the characters in my stories, the ideal is often unattainable, isn't it? Hahahah. I'll probably end up as infantry or something. Not that it's bad, since they are often muscular, but still I won't consent to killing people.

At most, I'll shoot their arms and legs, and keep them as PoWs or something. That's as far as I would compromise, though.

It's more humane in that manner - Retaining them until the war is over, and sending them back to their countries sounds like a rather sad kind of way. Of course, whether their families are still around, whether their fiance is still alive, supporting them, those are the matters they'd have to deal with, but giving them a new lease of life is always better than ending their lives miserably.

I know I can't expect the same from my potential enemies - They've probably been disciplined and trained by their own superiors to kill the enemies on sight. But I like to think of this as an act of mercy, the only kindness and compassion I can show them.

Even if I die doing so, then let it be known that I died staying true to my beliefs. Let the world realize that I died, following in Kotsuba Katachi's footsteps - Where his enemies sought his life, he sought their empathy. He may not have parents unlike myself, but he knows the pain he's had to go through, and he will not consent to murdering a potential father and causing another child to suffer a fate like his.

*** ***

It's almost two years since I've written this story.

I didn't update as many chapters as I used to, but I have noticed that my chapters are getting longer and longer. It's amazing - Although the content I am producing seems to have lessened in quantity, they seemed to have increased in quality.

And on this Halloween night, exactly one week before my 2nd year anniversary of this story, I would like to thank everyone who has read this story of mine.

I bring good news.

After much persuasion, I have finally completed it.

Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

That HF true ending though... *cries* I actually liked Illyasviel. She would have made an excellent protagonist, and I would have liked to see an Illyasviel route in Fate/Stay Night. Apparently it was scrapped! To think, the horror in my head when I realized that Illyasviel's route was actually a thing before it became not-a-thing :C

... It's a nice, sweet and comparatively short story compared to what I'm writing here. Which is what I am worried about - Slowness.

*** ***

Here's my rough gauge of what the stories will look like / How it'd unfold.

Messiah would be about... 500 pages long. At least, that's my intention - If you consider it for a second, I've written about 132 pages of Messiah already. (Or so-so, excluding most of the notes.) That's like slightly more than an eighth into Messiah.

They get arrested, go forth into the land to pursue more WoP, and they battle with a lot of magi and other travelers along the way. It seems sort-of like a fight club-like series, now that I think about it - Sure, in the first 1/8 of their journey they'd find a lot of Words of Power, but as they go further into the story it becomes harder to find them.

Katachi starts becoming a formidable power by himself, and the countries are worried. Naturally, since he looks like he's from Ohde, the countries' tensions with Ohde increase and eventually that pressure will erupt, signaling the beacon of war. Eventually, they'd have to settle for choosing a side and Katachi will make a difficult decision. And then he dies almost immediately after since he's been eyed for so long that a countermeasure already existed, but it's okay if he doesn't find out.

That's pretty much Messiah in a nutshell. Messiah as itself is supposed to introduce the world, and the various basic things image power can be done with a person's mind.

In Herald, you'd see the other side of image power - Where you've seen it applied to magic in Messiah, you can learn how image power can be applied in a different manner compared to Messiah. I've planned for Herald to go about 400 pages at first, but I realized that it had potential to go 700 pages. The potential is there. I'm not sure if I'd expand upon that, but if it works, it works.

Endus Reignum will have 800 ~ 1000 pages. That's all. Assume a story of that length when it comes out.

"But wait, Cozy! Assuming it's 1000, that's a total of... Uhm... 2383 pages, isn't it? What about the rest of the 700+ pages?"

They're written as side stories and parts of lore. You'll see in the next update what I'm talking about.

*** ***

Deku Up! It's a nice side-story like series I've written in order to introduce the important elements into the story, as well as progress the story while giving a vague idea of the magic applicable in the story.

Magic in this story is simple, but not easy. It is by no means complex, but it is pretty difficult.

This diagram should simplify the process.

Something happens -> Image stored into brain -> History repeats itself -> 'What happened before' is repeated once more.

It's simple. If something's happened before, it will happen again. Again, and again. And again. [x100] (Gin no Saji reference)

But, notice how I've not mentioned 'magic' anywhere in the process?

It applies to daily actions too - The knights and non-magi are also capable of using image power. Rather than applying it in a literal format like the magi, they apply it to their swings and attacks. But how am I going to explain those? Hmm...

... Bael Out!

I'm gonna write a series like this when Herald starts. It's about Bael helping out at the infirmary, giving treatment to the students using suggestions and (to a degree) hypnotism. It can show the non-magical applications of image power pretty well, compared to Deku's own method.

The magic in this story is quite dated - You have to read up on history, understand concepts, and the like. It's like all bran for nerds.

But Bael Out! explores on the more sensual, alternate applications possible. It's important because Katachi will be using similar techniques himself during Herald.- A rather fitting side story series, if you'd ask me.

"Deku Up? Bael Out? What can we expect from Endus Reignum - Is Cillian going to be shown doing a side series?"

No. Endus Reignum... Well, by that point you should be familiar with the story's world enough to understand most of the things possible. At that point, all I'll be posting as 'side stories' are the lores of Gods and Legends, and their Assumed History vs their True History.

It'll be a LONG while before I can get to expanding the inner world within my head on this paper. And the side stories should prove interesting, because each and every one of them is long enough to be its very own story. Until then, take the story slow.

I can only hope I don't take the story as slow as you, the reader, do. More writing needs to be done. Not enough time, not enough resource, not enough motivation...

... Better get back to writing now.

Signing off,
Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment