Thursday 13 March 2014

Yaaa... How the times flies for me

Hey, it's Cozy.

I'm sorry for the lack of posts recently. XD Well, to be honest, there's a couple of reasons why I haven't posted. It may be sort of an excuse, but it's important for me.

First of all, I have yet to take my NAPFA test. For Singaporean male citizens, it's compulsory. And honestly, I'm not the fittest person out there, so even if I go I'd usually fail, more or less. I'm a writer, not an athlete, and my scores are just barely to pass. If given the choice, I wouldn't take NAPFA, and I wouldn't join the army at all.

All the talk about patriotism and defending your own country, but in the end of the day, the person at the other end of the barrel is a person with a family, with parents, a girlfriend/wife and children to return to as well. It's glorifying killing, and I make a point not to take pride in it. Because honestly, if world peace truly existed, politics and armies wouldn't exist - But progress and advancement won't exist without conflict and strife either, but I can dream of a peaceful, compromising utopia, can't I?

Secondly, it's a more personal reason - Dark Souls 2 is out. Dark Souls 2, is out. I've always been a great fan of the Souls series, because the way the storytelling is written out, is so subtle and beautiful. Let me demonstrate :

"The second ring of the Dragonrider's arena is guarded by three - Two squires of a set of long sword and shield, and a knight with a two-handed great sword. The two squires stand by the side, blocking the paths that extend to other areas, and await honorably for their knight leader to destroy their foe. When they see their knight leader perform poorly against the chosen Undead, they rush forward to assist their leader; Or perhaps they wish to retain what little sanity and impression they once had for their honorable leader."

That description describes the AI very well - Hit the guy with the great sword to half health, and the two sword-and-shield squires standing by the doorway joins the fray. The whole game, essentially, is an unfolding story - And it is one of the research materiel of the absolute highest quality and caliber. I cannot ignore the allure of its extremely immersing and complex plot. I must research every bit of it, and from there understand and improve my story writing skills even further.

The third and final reason is, well, because I've been editing the previous chapters. Heheh.

You know, I personally felt like the first few chapters of this story isn't exactly at its best shape. This project has been about a year and approaching its second half, and I feel like the way I've written the story changed somewhere. So I'd like to edit my first few chapters to make them... Acceptable. I do want this story to be as good as I can get it..

So... Yeah. I apologize for the lack of content. I really am - But this month's the start of a huge hype, and I'm just a bit too busy. But I will get to it, I promise. In fact, the next chapter is one where the plot thickens - Look forward to it when it does come out.

Signing out,
Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment