Wednesday 15 May 2013

These two weeks! My flipping Segus!

I can't do it >__> These two weeks of my life are jam-packed with events. Construction of a new target board, the 2-week-overdue finalization of the final year project design, pin assignment (Don't mind me, engineering crap), 6 performances for graduates of their respective schools, meetings and meetings and minutes writing, arts and crafts, teaching and tutoring - So many things await for me to settle, yet I can only do so much at a time.

I'm sorry, you guys. The day I feared is now singing The Black Keys - Howlin' for You outside right now. There's probably not going to be a chapter this week. sadface :C

... Just when I wanted this week to introduce the lore-telling system, by the wondrous guest star Deku!... I guess I can put up a double chapter next week, with both a continuation of Katachi's journey, and Deku's special corner. Look forward to it - It's the place where stuff in the story is told, so it doesn't have to interrupt the actual story.

Looking back at this idea, it reminds me of the time I used to watch Eyeshield 21. They would always have these special corners at the end of each episode, explaining a few things about the series, or the sport itself, or what was featured on the episode. That's lovely, putting trivia into a show like that.

... Think of Deku's corner as something like that, but I'm not sure how it would turn out - Eyeshield 21 was based off an existing sport, which the professionals could easily relate to, while the civilian classes could enjoy leisurely. However, Deku's little corner serves not only to explain the story as it unfolds onward, but also as a part of the story itself.

Keep in mind that these characters aren't jokes that can break the fourth wall at their will - While Katachi traveled the lands, searching for the Words of Power over every mountain and under every cranny and nook, Deku was living his dream of being a teacher. It is something that actually happens in the story - As a form of counterweight, Deku's little corner offsets the serious, life-endangering mood of Katachi's journey with a more casual, light-hearted teacher-student session.

Of course, should anything happen to Deku or Katachi in the story, it's obvious that the story's flow will be affected in some way - Deku's corner might stop for a few chapters if say, Deku goes off to visit his parents' grave (assuming they are dead), or if he's been assigned an errand to run. Similarly, Katachi's more *boring* days of simply traveling around and walking without much action will be shortened and made more lively with the addition of Deku's corner.

I wanted the story like this with good reason - I'm not going to record every single bit of Katachi's adventure down. I'm not going to be like "Today I walked 6,433 steps. But there was a mountain in the way, so I had to go around it. I had wasted 1,205 steps before realizing that I should have gone the left way instead." NO. That will bore even ME to death. Good lord, Segus, bless his heart. I may have made Katachi a bit too... Geh.

He's definitely intelligent and all, but he's not very far-sighted. Rather, it may be an odd personality for a character like himself, especially the protagonist, but it's not supposed to be a story where this perfect guy fits into this specific scenario perfectly. Who in the flipping hell wants to see a perfect guy at work, anyway? It would simply be invoking a sense of jealousy, of having someone who could do that which us ourselves could not.

I want to rant on about this more, but that would contain major spoilers if I did.. (which most of those serious 14-or-so readers wouldn't like)

Katachi was designed off a young flower that has been picked and placed in a sandy, dry environment. A smart, young child raised by a nun, whom is far more mature than most children his age, whom manages to fool many people into believing that he is at an age he is not. A little piece of contagious haven, thrown into a pit of despair and sin, desperately trying to crawl out and absolve others while avoiding corruption of self.

Will he succeed? Will he fail? That... Would depend on the route you're going to read.

Here's a rough breakdown of what to expect. There will be 3 routes, as I have mentioned - Messiah, Herald and Endus Reignum. One of these routes would have the rather standard Protagonist = Hero setting written in a different manner from classic hero settings, one of these will create a Protagonist = Anti-Hero setting, and one will create a setting where the protagonist isn't even a significant piece in what is about to happen. The protagonist would still be important, but his role is far less significant.

I've planned to do the double-the-content idea, where I rush each route quickly, so the full route is available for reading before starting another route. It's not much different from what I'm doing now, but thinking about it, I've come to this with you guys in mind. Not all of you might be professional readers whom can alternate between the different routes, and it might even be a torture for the inexperienced. I know that even as a rather avid reader myself, my temples painfully clench when I try to read UBW and Cup of Heaven toge- Speaking of which, I haven't even TOUCHED the part I left off at the Fate route. Yet.

These two weeks are going to shave a chunk of my life off of me. Hopefully, I live long enough to write all the stories I want to write.

Here's a pillow, saying 'Have a good day! Or night!'. Why a pillow? Because pillow is Cozy!

Signing off,
Cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment